Mill Hill School Foundation
Mill Hill School is London’s leading co-educational day and boarding school for 13 to 18 year olds, and forms part of the Mill Hill School Foundation which also includes a preparatory school, a pre-prep and our recently launched International School. Located in 120 acres of beautiful parkland just ten miles to the north of London, Mill Hill School has an international reputation for excellence which has been built over more than two centuries since its foundation in 1807.
The Mount, Mill Hill International School, is located within its own newly refurbished campus just a short walk from the main Mill Hill School site, and its pupils are members of the wider Mill Hill School community. With a dedicated boarding house on the Mill Hill School site, International School pupils have full use of the Senior School’s excellent facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sports hall, library, theatre and music department.
The Mill Hill School Foundation Aims
The Foundation aims to:
- provide excellence in education;
- support pupils in the passage from childhood towards adulthood;
- develop in every pupil self-discipline, responsibility, spiritual and moral values, leading to the highest possible standards of behaviour, consideration for others and a pride in oneself and one’s achievements.
The Foundation seeks to achieve this by:
- preparing pupils for the challenges of the 21st century;
- offering a broad, flexible and forward-looking curriculum which encourages among pupils intellectual curiosity, sound learning and a spirit of enquiry in the pursuit of academic excellence;
- upholding the Christian faith whilst encouraging understanding of and respect for those in the School who are of other traditions;
- providing opportunities for the development of leadership, independence and responsibility;
- building upon a friendly School community;
- promoting equal treatment for all members of the School community and appreciating all members of the Foundation community and all their achievements;
- providing high quality, well qualified, committed staff working in close partnership with parents;
- offering a wide range of extra-curricular activities through which pupils can develop their social, sporting and cultural abilities;
- promoting an awareness of the world outside the School and a desire to serve the local and wider community so that society may be enriched thereby developing an understanding of the international context of their own education.